There are lots of reasons why you might consider getting insulation for your home. Here are just some of them:
- Insulation makes your home a warm, comfortable place to be.
- Lower heating bills.
- Wall and ceiling insulation can prevent unwanted drafts getting in your house.
- You’ll save yourself money.
- Insulation not only keeps your house warm, but it can keep it cool in the summer, by blocking heat from entering the house through the roof. The best of both worlds!
- Insulation pays for itself fairly quickly.
- You won’t need to use as much energy, so it’s good for the environment.
- Insulation can reduce or eliminate condensation on walls or ceilings.
- An added benefit of insulation is that it can reduce noise between rooms or from outside the house, so it’s great for soundproofing!
- Insulation is pretty quick and easy to install – some people even do it themselves!
- There are various types of loft insulation, so you should be able to find one to suit your needs and loft-type.
- You may be able to get a grant to help pay towards the cost of your insulation.
This infographic shows even more ways to insulate your house – and the financial benefits you could reap!
Data and graphic by: Ashbrook Roofing
Editor’s note: 1 British Pound Sterling equals 1.51 US dollar.