Looking for a home improvement project? Follow the ideas discussed in this article, and learn how you can make your home more beautiful and last longer!
A home is an asset and you need to take good care of it. This is where the importance of efficient home improvement schemes comes into the picture. In this article, we will discuss 10 such home improvement ideas that would make your house look nicer, and would be easy on your pocket too:
- Think energy-saving lights – Replace old tubes with LED lamps and smartly designed fluorescent bulbs. If you are ready to spend a little more, have motion-sensor lights in your bathroom(s). These lights consume a lot less energy than their traditional counterparts, and offer good visibility as well.
- Keep your electrical supplies organized – Over time electrical wires and cables tend to get jumbled up. Segregate them in groups, and keep them organized with cable ties. Label the wires with marker pens as well, to avoid future confusions.
- Replace the old, worn out plumbing fixtures – Hire a professional, and get all the taps, pipes, faucets and pumps at your home thoroughly inspected. If you find any cracks, leakages and/or other damages – replace the affected fixtures immediately. If the problem is left unattended to for long, you might have to shell out more money on repairs.
- Paint the walls – This is one of the most pocket-friendly ways of taking care of the walls in your rooms. Choose good-quality paints, and ask the workers to apply multiple coatings. Make sure that a primer is being applied too. You can go with the same color for the entire house, or choose different, appropriate colors for the separate rooms.
- Have smart storage solutions – Arrange for shelves and racks on the walls, which you can use to keep books, as well as other items of everyday use. Place cushions on spacious wooden storage cabinets, which would double up as comfortable seats too.
- Choose the right roofing and flooring material – If the roof and/or the floors at your house are looking worn out or damaged, get them replaced. You can opt to have wooden, metallic, ceramic, shingled, or any other type of affordable roofs, depending on your preferences, and the local climate levels. Mosaic or tiled floors would look nice, while you can also go with wooden floors – for lending that extra dash of freshness to your house.
- Take care of the external walls – Do not keep the external walls of your house exposed to weather extremities. Set up tough and durable, cladding systems – so that your home looks good from the outside as well.
- Go for more efficient bathrooms and kitchen spaces – Set up suitable cabinets and countertops in your kitchen, to make best use of the area available in this section of the house. Do not keep the light bulb(s) just above the gas oven. For the bath, arrange for multiple racks, where soap stands, oil and shampoo bottles, and other such items can be easily stored.
- Get designer floral curtains – If your old curtains have become somewhat dull and faded, replace them with new ones. Make sure that the curtains you buy match with the size of the doors and windows. Set them up in a manner that the passage of natural light in your rooms is not blocked.
- Arrange for floor-rugs – Soft floor-rugs can add a dash of class to your rooms, as well as make it comfortable for you and your family-members to walk about. Choose such rugs that would rank high on the durability count, and would not be exorbitantly priced either.
Choose imaginative wall-hangings and other classy decorative pieces, which would suit the mood of the different rooms. After tying the electrical wires and cables with cable ties, find out if any of them are malfunctioning. If you find any, ask your electrician to replace them. You need not spend too much, to make your home improvement project a really successful one!
Author’s Bio: John Smith is a professional writer. He regularly writes about best printing labels in USA and unique home informative ideas. In this piece, he provides top 10 affordable ideas for home improvement which can be implement by most homeowners.